Christina O'Connor- 6291; Chloe Mo-6273; Jack Pierce-1068;
Centre Number-14109

Friday 5 October 2012

Establishing Shot Research 1

After watching the Grave encounters trailer, I analysed how they captured the establishing shot of the Psychiatric hospital. I found the way the sky rapidly moved across the screen very intriguing and effective. I decided to produce a similar shot on the Klinger Factory.

I will film using a tripod the front of the factory for approx. 20 mins. Once I have captured the footage, I shall speed the footage up to make the weather appear as if it is moving across the screen at a very high speed. This surreal shot will show the movement of the sky in great detail and makes the establishing shot more effective and interesting

I took images of the front of the factory in different weather conditions and lighting to see which would pose as the best for capturing :

- Bright
- Sunny day 
- Clear weather 
- High saturation
- High Contrast
- Overall warm hue



Dull
- Darker light
- Cloudy weather
- Low saturation
- Faded
- Low Contrast
- Overall cool hue


To make the factory appear more scary, I film the factory, on a more cloudy day nearing sunset. This way I can capture the sky's brightness falling and the clouds becoming more defined. I shall also edit the footage to appear darker and more cooler. This will make the factory appear that it is 'cold', 'lifeless' and 'empty'




No comments:

Post a Comment