Christina O'Connor- 6291; Chloe Mo-6273; Jack Pierce-1068;
Centre Number-14109

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Editing Effects

Whilst editing, I added a number of different effects to the footage to make it more effective towards the audience. The fine detail in these effects make the film more interesting and can be used as a transition between clips.



One effect I used was 'Bad TV'. This simulates the effect of a distorted/old Tv set. I used it to emphasise the 'dodgy' camerawork of the 'amateur urban explorers'. I also used it to simulate interference or the camera becoming disconnected when the explorers ran when they were in dangerous situations:



I can adjust the effect including the colouring, the type of grain, the roll of the camera (placement of the screen up and down) and the strength of the effect on the clip.





Below is a screenshot of a clip without the effect applied and one with it applied:

 Before:


After:



No comments:

Post a Comment