Christina O'Connor- 6291; Chloe Mo-6273; Jack Pierce-1068;
Centre Number-14109

Monday 11 March 2013

Sound

I recorded, produced, mixed and mastered the soundtrack using Logic, internal and external Synthesisers, effects and compressors. 
I started by watching the trailer through several times to get a feel of where the mood, dynamics and texture of the music should change to reflect whats happening on screen.

Arrange Window for the sound track:


I could watch the trailer at the same as I layered down the different SFX and long drones. I mainly used ES2 and EXS24 to create the bass and different filter sweeps heard in the drones and SFX:



I used effects such as reverb, delay, phaser, chorus, stereo spreading etc. I used 'SpaceDesinger' to create a similar reverb to what may have been made inside the Klinger factory. I used the EQ tools and ADSR envelope to create a cold sounding reverb:


For the drums/rythmic beats, I used an 'Ultrabeat' drum synthesiser which I heavily processed using a Compressor to create a hard, 'thud' like sound:



Finally, to Compress and master the music, I sent the audio through a Focusrite Compressor and Noise Gate. The compressor would prevent the audio from distorting or sound too loud. The noise gate would silence any background noise heard from any audio recordings by reducing the volume of the file when it whent below the Threshold:







No comments:

Post a Comment